Termes and conditions
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT
The present general conditions will regulate the contractual relationship between Maas Automoció Empreses S.L henceforth Maas Rent a Car (the lessor specifies) and the guest (the lessee specifies), according to which the first assigns to the second the use of a vehicle for the term, price and other conditions that are to be figured in the rental contract.
A. USE OF THE VEHICLE
1. The Lessee undertakes to use and drive the vehicle in accordance with the rules of the Traffic Code in force at the time of its lease and in accordance with the specifications for the use of the type of vehicle leased.
2. It is obligatory for the Tenant to always carry with him his copy of the rental contract in force for the duration of the contract.
3. In the case of use of the vehicle for the transport of minors of a height of 135 centimetres or less, The Lessee shall provide child restraint devices appropriate to each age group and place them in the vehicle in accordance with the current traffic regulations. The Lessee shall also check the suitability, use and placement of child restraint systems in the vehicle. The Lessor does not assume responsibility for the lack of use, installation, verification, incorrect use of the compulsory restraint device.
4. The vehicle may only be used on public roads. The use of the vehicle is expressly prohibited in the following cases:
a)Driving the vehicle on unauthorised or unpaved roads, or the condition of which could pose a risk of damage to the vehicle;
b)Participate with the vehicle in races, contests or challenges of any nature;
c)Use the vehicle for driving practices;
d)Use the vehicle for strength testing of automotive materials, accessories or products;
e)Use the vehicle in case of a risk, in particular, of lighting up of the control panel alarm pilots
f)Transport of people for consideration;
g)Committing criminal acts with the vehicle, even if the act is only considered criminal at commission place;
h)Driving the vehicle under physical conditions, motivated by alcohol, drugs, fatigue or illness;
i) Use the vehicle to push or tow other vehicles or any other object;
j)Transporting in the same car toxic, flammable and generally dangerous substances and/or substances that violate the legal provisions in force
k)Transport the rental vehicle on board any type of ship, train, truck or aircraft, unless expressly authorised in writing by the Lessor;
l)Circulating within port enclosures, airports, aerodromes and/or similar facilities of a nature not accessible to public traffic, as well as in refinery or oil company enclosures or installations, unless expressly authorized in writing by the Lessor.
5. The Lessee is obliged to distribute and fix in a safe and correct way the goods transported in the Vehicle or track van.
6. The Tenant shall be prohibited from assigning, subletting, renting, mortgaging, pledging, selling or in any other way from guaranteeing the vehicle, the rental agreement, the keys to it, the documentation, the equipment, tools and/or accessories thereof and/or any other part or part thereof; or treat the foregoing in such a way as to cause injury to the Lessor.
7. Unless expressly authorised by the lessor, the countries in which movement is permitted are: Portugal, France, Italy, Belgium, Andorra, the Principality of Monaco, Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Austria. In the case of leases in Spain, it is expressly prohibited to move the vehicle from the peninsula to the islands and vice versa and/or between the islands, as well as to Ceuta and Melilla, except with the express written permission of the Lessor.
8. At the time of the conclusion of the rental agreement and the delivery of the vehicle, the Lessee and any other person designated by him as driver must be present to sign the rental agreement with the Lessor and present valid and valid driving licences in the country of the rental. The Lessor reserves the express right to refuse the rental of the vehicle in the event that the Lessee or the person indicated by him as the driver does not duly prove that he holds a valid driving licence and current at the time of signing the lease. The vehicle can only be driven by the Lessee, as well as those persons designated in the lease agreement, provided that they are over 21 and 24 years respectively depending on the vehicle to be rented. For drivers under 24 years of age will apply specific charges, the price of which are available in the Additional Charges List document. It shall be the responsibility of the Lessee that any driver is in possession of a valid driving licence, valid for countries in which the vehicle is used at least 2 years old. Both the Lessee and the persons designated by the Lessee to drive the vehicle shall be informed of the completion of the rental agreement . This shall apply in particular where the authorities require the Lessor to identify the driver who has committed an infringement. In case the identification of the driver cannot be carried out, the Tenant will be responsible for the payment of any fine or penalty committed during the period of the rent and the administrative charge generated by the management of fine by the Lessor such amount can be consulted in the document Additional Charges.
The following driving licences are considered valid in Spain:
a) Those issued in accordance with the Spanish legislation in force;
b)Those issued by the Member States of the European Union in accordance with Community legislation;;
c)Those issued by other countries that were recognized as valid for the purpose of allowing driving in Spain according to the regulations of the Spanish General Directorate of Traffic.
d) Valid international licence with the valid national licence of the country for which it is required for the purpose of allowing driving in Spain according to the regulations of the Spanish General Directorate of Traffic. The Tenant shall be personally and severally liable for the persons driving the vehicle during the lease. The International driving licence shall only be valid together with the national driving licence.
9. Without prejudice to the Lessee’s resposability to third parties, in the event of any of the circumstances provided for points B.4, B.5, B.6, B.7 and B.8, the Lessor may terminate the contract with immediate effect, as well as to claim compensation for damages, including loss of profits, caused by the breach in question.
B. VEHICLE’S CONDITION
1. The Lessee receives the vehicle described in the contract in the correct state of operation, maintenance and plate, without deficiencies, except for any observations made on receipt of the vehicle in the rental contract itself. In the case of a deficiency in the rented vehicle not included in the rental contract itself, It is the obligation of the Lessee to inform the office of the Lessor in which the rental contract has been made before moving the vehicle from the parking space in which the vehicle subject to the parked contract is located.
2. The Lessee receives the vehicle described in the contract with the complete documentation, as well as with the vehicle key, tools and accessories, especially reflective vests and triangles of signaling, which must be checked by the lessee at the beginning of the lease, reporting any deficiencies in the office where the vehicle was rented. The Lessee undertakes to use the accessories diligently and to return them in the same condition in which they were delivered to him. In the case of non-return of the accessories upon termination of the rental agreement, the Lessee undertakes to pay to the Lessor the undelivered accessories, the amount of the same according to the document of Additional Charges. It is the Tenant’s responsibility to properly close the vehicle.
3. If any of the tell-tales detecting a malfunction affecting the safety of the vehicle is illuminated in the instrument array during the rental period, or if external signs indicating failure or malfunction of the system, the Lessee must stop the vehicle as soon as possible and contact the Lessor . It is forbidden use the car in case of risk. The same way, operation of the vehicle odometer is totally prohibited, The Lessee must immediately notify the Lessor of any failure in the same. Charges on behalf of others will only be accepted to this assistance company in cases of emergency, coming from official workshops of the trademark of the vehicle and with prior express authorization from the Lessor. Depending on the coverage contracted by the Tenant in clause G, the assistance on the road can be invoiced, as specified in the document Additional Charges List . Always and in any case, the Tenant shall answer if he has made a prohibited use of the vehicle, as stated in B.4, as well as in case of negligence.
4. The Tenant shall regularly review the fluid and oil levels, as well as in general, permit the performance of safety inspections or reviews that are appropriate and in accordance with the specifications for the use of the vehicle type. These reviews must be carried out by the workshops approved by the Lessor, otherwise the Lessee shall be liable for any damage arising from the incorrect replacement of the engine fluid levels of the leased vehicle.
5. In the case of vehicle leases, the Lessee shall ensure that the tank is always sufficiently full, and shall be liable for any damage caused by failure to comply with this obligation.
6. The Tenant receives the vehicle with full tank and is obligated to return it in the same state. Otherwise, you will be charged the cost of the fuel plus a handling fee for the refuelling service according to the Additional Charges Statement document, may be charged to the credit/debit card with which the payment was made. The Lessee shall refuel the vehicle with the type of fuel suitable for the vehicle, otherwise the Lessee shall be liable for the costs incurred for the transfer and/or repair of the damage to the vehicle. In such a case, the Lessee shall also pay the respective charge to the Lessor for the loss of profit on the immobilisation of the vehicle.
7. The Lessee receives the vehicle with all his tyres including the spare (or failing a repair kit) in good condition and without punctures, except in the case of vehicles equipped with the flat run tyre system. In case of deterioration and/or loss of any of the tyres (due to the fact that it is not normal wear, poor assembly or defective manufacturing) the Lessee undertakes to inform the Lessor. Repairs and/or replacements of tyres must be carried out by the workshops authorized by the Lessor, otherwise the Lessee shall be liable for any damage resulting from the incorrect replacement of tyres.
8. It shall be prohibited for the Lessee to change any technical characteristics of the vehicle, as well as to modify its exterior and/or interior appearance (unless expressly authorized in writing by the Lessor). In case of violation of this condition, the Tenant shall bear the duly justified expenses, reconditioning the vehicle to its original condition and paying a compensation for the immobilisation of the vehicle.
1. Reservations relate to vehicle categories. The reservation in one category does not confer the right to the assignment of a particular model within it.
2. The Lessor will keep the reservation until sixty minutes after the agreed time, not being obliged to provide the service under the agreed conditions after that time. Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours before the start of the hirement.
3. Respect of prepaid fare bookings it will be applied the following instructions: Before the beginning of the rental and 48 hours in advance, modifications may be made for which the Tenant will be taxed with an amount corresponding to the rate of modification fixed in the Statement of Charges document Additional . The price to be applied after the modification of the reservation will be that of the rate in force at the time of making the change. The Lessor shall not refund an advance on the rental price already paid or any difference in the event of a price difference arising from the modification made. Similarly, the reservation can be cancelled before the beginning of the rental. In case of cancellation the Lessor will refund the advance of the rental price already paid, retaining a cancellation penalty according to the Additional Charges Ratio document. Cancellations will have to be informed to the Lessor by email to email@example.com in case of not picking up the vehicle at the agreed time, the Lessor will retain the full rental price already paid. In prepaid rate reservations the Tenant will have to present the means of payment used for the realization of the reservation.In case that the Lessee does not produce such a document, the Lessor shall terminate the lease agreement; no refund shall be made to the Lessee of the total price paid.
D. RENTAL CHARGES / MATURITIES / DEPOSIT GUARANTEE / FORM OF PAYMENT
1. The Lessee undertakes to pay the Lessor::
1.1. Rental charges outlined in the rental agreement for duration (minimum 24-hour rental charge), coverage, liability limitations, additional equipment and additional services, in accordance with the conditions laid down and the applicable taxes and charges. These will be billed based on the rates in force at the time of booking. If you have not previously booked and/or unless a special bonus or price has been agreed upon, the rental charges related to the rates in force at the time of the rental contract will apply.
1.2. Charges arising from the non-return of the vehicle in the same correct state of operation, maintenance and plate as received at the time of the rent.
1.3. The excess mileage of the contracted in the rental contract performed by the leased vehicle. The charge will be invoiced based on the price of the same reflected in the reserved rate.
1.4. The costs of obtaining a duplicate and/or sending the key of the leased vehicle, in the case of loss and/or damage to it, as well as the transfer of the vehicle immobilised as a result of the above to the nearest rental office of the Lessor. The Lessor may also charge the Lessee for compensation for immobilisation of the vehicle. These will be invoiced based on the price of the same reflected in the document of Ratio of Additional Charges.
1.5. Replacement costs in case of disappearance of vehicle accessories such as the pair of emergency triangles and the reflective safety vest. These will be invoiced based on the price of the same reflected in the document of Ratio of Additional Charges.
1.6 Replacement costs in case of disappearance or breakage of GPS accessories, support, cable, hooks, etc. or for rupture or disappearance of the device.
1.7. Expenses for the replacement of the vehicle documentation in the event of its disappearance. These costs will be billed based on the price reflected in the Additional Charges Statement document.
1.8. The amount for the special cleaning of the vehicle after the return of the vehicle in the case of delivery in a dirty state such as to require the intervention of a specialized company. By way of example and without limitation, they are considered to be states of dirt requiring the intervention of a specialized company: vomiting, ink stains, cigarette burns, mud, sand, dirt caused by animals… This charge will be billed based on the price invoiced to the Lessor by the selected special vehicle cleaning company. This charge, will be of 100€, in case of need of treatment of the upholstery, the charge will be of 181€, invoiced based on the price invoiced to the Lessor by the contracted special cleaning company.
1.9. Maas Rent a Car vehicles are smoke-free spaces, In case of smoking inside the vehicle can generate additional charges for damage repair and special cleanings by applying a fee of 100€ for deodorizing the interior of the vehicle.
1.10. The amount of the Administrative Fee for Managing Fines charge. This charge shall be borne by each bulletin or sanction file issued by the competent authority in relation to the leased vehicle and for events occurring during the duration of the lease. This charge has an amount of 30€ . If there are two drivers in the same contract, the first driver shall always be held liable for the infringement. If, on the other hand, the person who committed the offence is the second driver, he or she may apply to the administration responsible for determining the offender and payment for it.
1.11. The amount of penalty for non-repayment on the indicated date in the rental agreement or for exceeding the maximum mileage indicated in the rental agreement. This amount will be invoiced based on the price of the same reflected in the Additional Charges Statement document.
1.12. The amount for the replacement and placement of the Lessor’s advertising label on vehicles in which it has been damaged or removed during the rental period. This charge will be invoiced based on the price of the same reflected in the document of Ratio of Additional Charges.
1.13. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the charge, in accordance with the prices set in the Additional Charges Statement document, for the costs of return at source of the vehicles that are returned in a different station to that of withdrawal.
1.14 The Lessee consents to the Lessor sending the invoices to the previously specified addressee, in electronic form in accordance with the legislation in force, to the registered e-mail address. The Tenant is responsible for ensuring that electronic invoices can reach you correctly or, if agreed, are collected in electronic form. The Lessee has the right to object to the sending of invoices in electronic form at any time, by express notice of such opposition.
2. Time Limits for Payment:
2.1. The rental price outlined in the rental agreement, as well as any coverage, limitation of responsability, additional equipment, additional services, applicable taxes and fees expire and are payable at the beginning of the rental.
2.2. In monthly leases, the maturities will be in 30-day periods, always at the beginning of each period.
2.3. Regarding prepaid rate reservations, the rental price as well as the other agreed amounts will be payable at the time of booking and will be charged to the credit card that the Tenant at the time the Tenant makes the reservation on the www.maasrentacar.com website
3. Deposit at the beginning of the hirement
3.1. The Lessee undertakes to hand over to the Lessor, before the beginning of the lease, as a deposit, an amount stipulated according to the category of the vehicle, with a minimum deposit of 100,00€, and adding, where appropriate, the amount of additional services and equipment contracted, fees and taxes, such deposit being held by the Lessor as security for any payment obligations or liabilities that the Lessee may assume towards the Lessor. He is authorized to apply the amount of the deposit to the payment of such obligations and liabilities, without prejudice to claiming those exceeding the amount of the deposit.
3.2. Payment of this deposit must be done by credit/debit card accepted by the Lessor. The expiration date of the credit/debit card used for the deposit must be more than 6 months from the date of termination of the lease. The deposit obligation also applies to rents made at prepaid rates and the Tenant is obliged to present the credit/debit card with which he made the reservation to deliver the deposit to the Lessor.
3.3. The Lessor shall request bofore the beggining of the lease an authorization from the credit card issuing entity for the amount of deposit due as security for obligations or payment liabilities to be assumed by the Tenant for the expected duration of the lease. This amount shall be available, at the request of the Lessor, at the time of the conclusion of the rental agreement. If it is not possible to make such a deposit, the Lessor may refuse the rent to the Lessee.
3.4. After the return of the vehicle and having carried out the necessary vehicle checks, the amount invoiced to the Lessee for the rental of the vehicle and other items as indicated in condition E.1., will be charged to the credit card provided by the Tenant. From that moment on, the authorization requested at the beginning of the rental to the card issuing entity as a deposit will lapse.
E. RETURN OF THE VEHICLE
1. The hirement duration will be as initially agreed in the rental agreement and will be billed based on periods of 24 hours, counted from the time when it was formalized. The Lessee undertakes to return the vehicle to the Lessor together with the keys, documentation, accessories and additional equipment, before the expiration of the contracted period and at the agreed location agreed in the rental agreement. If this is not done, the Lessee is obliged to pay the Lessor additional charges as stated in condition E.1. Service shall be deemed to be completed when the vehicle and its keys have been received by the staff of the Lessor.
2. Rental prices are calculated according to the pick up and delivery times specified in the contract. Maas Rent a Car always offers a courtesy period of 59 minutes. In case of a late return of the vehicle the period not agreed in the rental contract will be invoiced according to the current rates. Special rates will only apply for the periods specified in the offer. In the event that the contract is exceeded, the rates in force for the entire duration of the rental contract shall apply.
3. In case of early return of the vehicle, we don’t made a refund of the amount established at the picking-up .
4. It is the Lessee’s responsibility to ensure the effective delivery of the vehicle at the right place that appears in the rental agreement. The Lessee shall return the vehicle within the office time set forth in each of the Lessor’s branches. The return of the vehicle in a different place that the one established on the contrat, for not attributable reasons to the Lessor, may imply to the Lessee additional charges, calculated according to current rates, for the period in which the Lessor could not dispose of the vehicle, in addition to the costs involved.
5. The amount lent as a deposit at the beginning of the lease by the Lessee to the Lessor may not be used to extend it. The rental contract could be extended for a period longer than that agreed upon with the express permission of the Lessor, provided that the Lessee requests it three days in advance. The extension may be carried out by telephone up to one day only once. The hirer undertakes to authorize immediately the amount of the additional deposit for this extension, the price applicable to the period of extension of the rent being indicated in the current rate. It is the Lessee’s responsibility to visit the Lessor’s offices to obtain the new lease with the corresponding extension. The Lessor may refuse to extend the lease. The original contract shall also apply in the case of vehicle replacement and hire for periods exceeding 28 days.
6. In case that Lessee don’t return the car in time and without receiving news during three days the lessor means misappropriation of the vehicle denouncing in front of competent Authorities.
F. COVERAGES / LIMITATIONS
1. Rental rates included the Compulsory insurance of the car coverages l Compulsory insurance of the car and of the Complementary Civil Liability for damages against third parties arising from the use and circulation of the Vehicle.
2. Such cover shall be guaranteed and assumed by the insurer with whom the Lessor or the owner of the vehicle has concluded the corresponding insurance policy; and are subject to the general and specific provisions of the Act and the Act.
3. By signing the lease agreement, the Tenant shall be insured under the said policy, a copy of which may be consulted at all offices of Maas Rent a Car. 4. This policy does not cover damage, loss or any other damage suffered to luggage, goods or objects
4. This policy does not cover damage, loss or any other damage suffered to the luggage, goods or personal objects carried in the Vehicle, or total or partial loss, or damage to the Vehicle due to theft and/or vandalism and/or traffic accident.
5. You will benefit from the Roadside Assistance service . when TR coverage is contracted or contracting Roadside Assistantce service that has a 3€/day cost.
6. All these optional coverage and liability limitations shall apply after hiring by the lessee, applicable only to the lessee and to drivers authorised by him and after payment of the sum agreed upon at the time of the rental of the vehicle. Their hiring will be reflected in the rental agreement. The cost of these liability limitations, which are optional, as well as the amount of the allowances, may be consulted in the current tariff. The limitation of contractual liability shall only apply for the duration of the current lease.
7. All insurance loses value in case of negligence, misuse, reckless driving or driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
8. If you have contracted additional coverages through a third party outside Maas Rent a Car, your responsability will be limited to coverage conditions directly with Maas Rent a Car, therefore the excess corresponding to the type of coverage will be blocked on the credit card. In case of damage of the vehicle Maas Rent a Car should contribute the amount to Maas Rent a Car and may subsequently claim this amount from the third party with whom it has contracted the coverage of damages.
9. In case of new damages to the return of the vehicle the customer will have to pay the amount of certain repairs, equipment loosing or replacement of some pieces with stipulated prices established by the company. This price list is available to the customer in the office and/or on the Web. In case of replacement the parts of de vehicle ( sheet and moulding, headlights, glasses, tyres, locks, hoods or any part not mentioned in the list) or negligence (low, roof, clutch, exhaust line, oil carter, or damage caused by misuse) with special equipment and labour, prices shall be reported with workshop budgets after completion.
G. OPTIONAL COVERS
1. BASIC INSURANCE WITH DAMAGE FRANCHISE.
Exemption (except the excess amount) of responsability for caused damages to the vehicle in case of collision with a fixed or movable object.
a) CDW is an optional service provided directly by the Lessor exempting the excess , when contracted, of economic responsibility only for caused damages to the car with a collision with other fixed or mobile vehicles or objects, excluding those caused by vandalism unless the vandalism occurs during use of the vehicle.
b) In any case caused damages of bodywork and painting, lenses, optics, rear-view mirrors, tires and tires of the leased vehicle will be covered by CDW. In the case of car glasses, optics and mirrors, damage caused by damage caused by damage to stones or other objects shall not be covered.
c) Failure to hire the CDW entails the financial liability of the Lessee for the damage caused to the Vehicle and compensation for its immobilisation, in accordance with the provisions of these General Conditions.
d) CDW is only applicable if the Lessee fills out the Accident Part, where the damage to the vehicles and drivers involved in the accident and the conditions and circumstances in which the accident occurred must be clearly stated.
2. COVERAGE OF WHEELS AND WINDOWS
a) Contracting it, the coverage of wheels and panes offers the tenant the coverage of damages in both concepts as long as the coverage is contracted “Total Relax” or contracting the coverage “of wheels and windows” for an amount of 1.50€/day.
3. TOTAL RELAX: TRT (Total Relax Passenger Cars) / TRG (Total Relax Vans and SUVs)
a) The excess limitation reduction coverage allows the lessee not covered by the CDW to be fully and/or partially exempted from the franchise limitation. The reduction of the allowance applies only to certain types of vehicles and the reduction of the allowance varies according to the type of vehicle leased.
b) By contracting them, the coverage of wheels and crystals offers the tenant the coverage of damages in both concepts.
H. ACCIDENTES / THEFT/ REPORT OBLIGATION
1. In case of an accident, theft, fire, damage caused by nature, and in general in any event of damage, the Tenant shall do his utmost to protect the interests of the Lessor. It shall also complete a description of the accident, whether it is responsible or not, and with or without the involvement of a third person. In the event of the commission of an offence, if injured and/or if the guilt of those involved should be investigated, it is the duty of the Tenant to report immediately to the police.
2. In case of an accident to the opposite, the Lessee shall complete the standard friendly declaration part to be found in the vehicle documentation and inform the Lessor about the accident within 24 hours by means of a copy of the part, the original of which it shall deliver within two days. If the contrary refuses to sign a part of the amicable declaration, the Tenant must request the police presence and also give the Lessor a copy of the corresponding report.
3. Accident reports and/or the amicable declaration report shall be full and in as much detail as possible, both with regard to the damage and the circumstances in which it occurred. The Tenant undertakes to sign and collect the signature of the opposite, if any, on both documents. If the contrary refuses to sign, the Tenant must request the presence in police place for the clarification of the facts, since otherwise the Tenant will be held responsible for the accident, unless he provides evidence to the contrary.
4. The accident or theft of the vehicle doesn’t automatically imply an obligation on the Lessor to offer a replacement vehicle to the Lessee.
I. REPAIR AND MAINTEINANCE
1. Mechanical wear due to normal use of the Vehicle is assumed by the Lessor. If the Vehicle is immobilised due to mechanical failure, the Lessee must contact the Lessor or the Road Assistance Company if contracted, see Vehicle Insurance Policy, by the Lessor, and only with this one. Charges on behalf of others shall be accepted only in cases of emergency and when expressly authorized by the Lessor.
2. The Lessee must periodically check and replenish the levels of motor fluids if necessary solely and exclusively with the prior permission of the Lessor. In this case the amount paid for this will be deducted from the final rental price provided that the Tenant submits the appropriate invoice.
3. The Lessee is not authorized to order the Vehicle repair , unless expressly authorized by the Lessor. In this case the Tenant must present a detailed invoice of the repair carried out and must always be carried out in official workshops of the vehicle’s own brand.
1. Fuel consumed by the Vehicle during the rental period is at the expense of the Lessee
2. The Lessee shall refuel the Vehicle with the type of fuel suitable for the Vehicle. In the case of refuelling with fuel not suitable for the Vehicle, including refuelling with water-contaminated fuel or other foreign components, the Renter will be responsible for the expenses incurred by the transfer and/or the repair of the damages produced in the Vehicle. In such cases, the Lessee shall also pay to the Lessor the respective charge for the loss of benefit for the immobilisation of the Vehicle as described in these General Conditions.
3. The Tenant will return the Vehicle with full fuel tank. Otherwise you will be billed the missing for the price set in the Rate General Vigente, plus the additional charge for the refueling service, of 10€ VAT included.
1. The responsability y of the Lessor extends to damages caused by its employees and other persons for whom it is required by law to answer, in cases of wilful misconduct or gross negligence, unless the Lessor certifies that he used the diligence of the good father of the family to avoid the damage. Damages for breach of contract will bel only extend to foreseeable and reasonable consequential damages and in no case to mere expectations.
2. The Lessee and his collaborators will response without limitation for any violation of any normative dispositions committed during the term of the contract, in particular for traffic infractions. The Lessee will keep the Lessor unscathed in respect of any penalties, fines, fees, surcharges, and in general costs of any kind imposed on him by the Administrations. The Lessee will be responsible for all expenses actually satisfied by the administrative tasks to be assumed by the Lessor in connection with the requirements addressed to him by the Administrations in order to clarify the authorship or other circumstances of an offence
L. TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
1. The parties shall have the right to finish the contract on the basis of legal grounds. The Lessor shall have the right to finish the contract with immediate effect, in case that the Lessee is delayed by more than seven days in the payment of any amounts due or in the event of another just cause. In this sense, they shall be considered as a just cause
– The return of receipts, charges on credit card, unless the Tenant proceeds to the payment within seven days, unless the Lessor pay in 7 days term.
– In case the Lessee uses the car in a not appropriate way to its destination or causes damage to the vehicle intentionally or seriously negligent, including failure to maintain or revise it when compelled to do so.
– Infringement of applicable provisions on commercial transport;
– Breach any of he prohibitions contained in points B.4, B.5, B.6, B.7 and B.8. of these conditions;
– And generally, when is it not necessary, the continuation of the lease relationship, for example in case of a high level of claims.
2. In case of the end of the contract, the Tenant will be obliged to the immediate return of the vehicle, keys, documentation and accessories. In any case, the Lessor shall have the right, when finish the contrat, to remove the vehicle from wherever it is.
3. In case of resolution of the contract, the Lessor may claim the damages caused to it by the same contract, which includes not only the consequential damage (including cranes, expertise, legal costs, etc.) but also the loss of profit due to the unavailability of the vehicle.
M. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
1. Maas Rent a Car informs you, for the purposes of the provisions of the current legislation on the protection of personal data and services of the information society and electronic commerce, that your personal data, both those provided for the conclusion of this contract and those collected during the duration of the rental services, will be incorporated into a personal data file, duly registered in the register of the Spanish Data Protection Agency, created and under the responsibility of this company, domiciled in Carretera de Barcelona, 132 08210, Barberá del Vallés, Barcelona, Spain, in order to be able to manage the rental services of hired vehicles, as well as for commercial purposes such as keeping you promptly informed of all offers, products and promotions, own or from third parties, which may be of interest to you, either by e-mail or by any other equivalent means.
2. In the case of commercial communications by electronic mail or equivalent ways, and in accordance with Law 34/2002 on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce, you give your express consent for the sending of advertising through such means. Such consent may be revoked at any time from the Maas Rent a Car website, www.maasrentacar.com es or by request to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Your data may be communicated to the Maas Group companies active in the automotive sector for the same purposes as point 1 of this contract. If you do not want your personal data to be communicated, please enter it by checking the box below.
4. The Lessor may communicate the Lessee’s data to solvency and credit information files, in accordance with the provisions of the current data protection regulations, if the Lessee incurs any type of non-payment on account of the contracted rental services and on the basis of an unsatisfactory demand for payment by the Lessor.
5. The Tenant may exercise his rights of access, rectification and cancellation of his personal data, as well as oppose its commercialization, use or transfer by communicating to the address Carretera de Barcelona 132, 08210, Barberà del Vallès, Barcelona, or by email email@example.com with details of your data. If you don’t wish to receive commercial information, check this box.
N. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. The Tenant has the right to receive a copy of these general conditions in Spanish and this has been stated in the versions of the same written in other languages. In case of discrepancies the final version will be the one written in Spanish.
2. The compensation of claims shall operate in accordance with the legislation in force. In this sense, the deposit of guarantee can only be compensated after having verified that the Lessor has fulfilled all its obligations in accordance with the General Conditions”.
3. If there is more than one Lessee, they shall be jointly and severally liable to the Lessor.
4. All rights and obligations arising from these conditions and the contract shall extend to authorised drivers.
1. Pacts that are not reflected in the contract aren’t exist between Lessee and Lessor . Each modification must be made writting and signed by both parties. .
P. LEGISLATION AND JURISDICTION
1. This contract shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the country in which it was signed.
2. The issues raised in connection with this contract between the Lessor and the Lessee fall within the competence of the Spanish courts and tribunals in Barcelona, to which both parties submit themselves. The client declares to have read and understood all the general conditions of the rent, both those that appear on the front and the back of this contract and finding them according to the signature in the indicated place and date, receiving a copy of this copy. The Tenant recognizes that the above data are correct and accepts them and must keep a copy inside the vehicle. The person who signs this contract and withdraws the vehicle guarantees jointly and severally with the Lessee all the obligations assumed by the latter, resulting from the clauses of this contract both on the obverse and reverse sides, with renunciation of the benefits of division, exclusion and order, in accordance with the provisions of article 439 et seq of the Commercial Code and 1441, 1822, 1831 and other concordants of the Civil Code.
Maas rent a car
Within the Maas Group, with more than 50 years of experience in the automobile sector, Maas rent a car offers rental services including various solutions to adapt to the needs of each client:
- Car rental, SUV, 4x4 (automatic & manual)
- Rental of industrial vehicles (Vans)
- Supply to professionals in the sector (fleets of car rental companies)
In this way, Grupo Maas manages to provide mobility solutions to its clients in an integral way, and with all its associated services.
Customer proximity. Grupo Maas has 12 facilities to manage deliveries & amp; collected from vehicles that cover almost all of the province of Barcelona (Anoia, Bages, Baix Llobregat, Eastern Valleys and Western Valleys).
Specialists We provide the knowledge and professionalism of a team formed by more than 300 people to manage your needs.
Personalized. Consult with our commercial advisor to help you find the mobility solution that best suits your needs.
Quality. The Maas rent a car fleet is permanently renewed and can offer a wide range of models. All vehicles include preventive maintenance according to the manufacturer's specifications.
¿We Help You?
93 249 20 64
Our telephone service hours are:
Monday to Friday de 09:00 a 13:00 y de
15:00 a 19:00
Saturday de 9:30am to 13:30am
If you prefer, send us an email to
We Don't Accept:
American Express, Maestro